Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Specializing in Sports Medicine, Joint Replacement & General Orthopaedics
A native Texan, Dr. Von Evans graduated from Orangefield High School in far Southeast Texas. He attended New Mexico Highlands University on a football scholarship starting all four years and garnering All-Conference honors as a senior. He graduated with honors while earning both a BS and MS in biology.
Dr. Evans attended the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at John Peter Smith (JPS) Hospital in Fort Worth. At JPS, Dr. Evans was awarded the most valuable intern award and also served as chief resident.
Dr. Evans is board certified in orthopedic surgery and sports medicine serving the residents of Johnson and Tarrant Counties for over 22 years. He also serves as an orthopedic consultant for many local high schools and was elected into the Burleson ISD Athletic Hall of Fame.
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
John Peter Smith Hospital – Fort Worth, Texas
Specialty Certification in Sports Medicine
Aspen Orthopaedic Associates – Aspen, Colorado
University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, Texas
New Mexico Highlands University – Las Vegas, New Mexico
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Team orthopedic surgeon for many local high schools
- Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Medical City Fort Worth
- USMD Hospital at Fort Worth
- Baylor Surgicare Oakmont Fort Worth