Von L. Evans Jr., MD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Specializing in Sports Medicine, Joint Replacement & General Orthopaedics
A native Texan, Dr. Von Evans graduated from Orangefield High School in far Southeast Texas. He attended New Mexico Highlands University on a football scholarship. He started all four years at Highlands, garnering All-Conference honors as a senior. He graduated with honors, earning both a BS and MS in biology.
Dr. Evans attended the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at John Peter Smith (JPS) Hospital in Fort Worth. At JPS, Dr. Evans was awarded the most valuable intern award and also served as chief resident.
Dr. Evans is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine.
For over 22 years Dr. Evans has served the residents of Johnson and Tarrant counties. He also serves as an orthopedic consultant for many of the local high schools and was elected into the Burleson ISD athletic Hall of Fame.
New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, NM
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX
Specialty Certification in Sports Medicine
Aspen Orthopaedic Associates, Aspen, CO
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Team orthopaedic surgeon for many local high schools
- Texas Health Huguley Hospital, Fort Worth South
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, Fort Worth
- Medical City of Fort Worth
- USMD Hospital, Fort Worth
- Baylor Surgicare at Oakmont, Fort Worth